Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Integrating WikiPack with other apps, like Address Book

Last one for the day, I promise! Borrowing (cough, stealing…) an idea from Brett Terpstra on connecting nvAlt & Address Book, I tried using WikiPack to do the same thing and whipped up a quick video in the process:

☙❦❧

Integrating with other apps

This technique can be used with any app that accepts text input, like TaskPaper which I use and love for managing todo lists. For example, I’m often debugging issues and have log file snippets and notes related to an issue I’m working on, but want to keep my actionable list in TaskPaper clean and free of clutter, so I’ll often add a link in TaskPaper as a note:

My important project:
  http://beet.wikipackit.com/pages/ImportantProject
  - improve test coverage
  - fix issues
  - deploy updates

TaskPaper will actually render the page’s URL as a clickable link, that opens it in a browser. Handy!

Checkout WikiPack at http://wikipackit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment